Wednesday, November 24, 2010

My blessed memories...

Today it is grey and rainy. Normally I love this type of weather, but I have many things to do today. Like go see a dear friend and her precious 2 week old baby, who I am truly addicted to.

But as I was planning my day, I remembered that I am helping to get ready for our first family Thanksgiving without MamaToo. So I just wanted to cry. I miss her terribly. In the past few years she had become one of my closest friends. She was just awesome.

From the time I was very young we shared our birthdays together.

We have also spent many days and nights cooking and making wonderful treats.
It often led to a little insanity.


She hates my school's cheer...So we got her a hoodie with it on it. Isn't she cute!


She also always took such a great interest in all of our hobbies and things we liked. 

I really hope when I'm a grandmother that I am as interested and as active as she was.


It made me think how blessed I am to have had a relationship with her and my other 3 Grandparents (who are all coming tonight).

Here's my favorite picture with my Granddaddy (MamaToo's husband), we were feeding the cows. 



So as you prepare for Thanksgiving, remember the people in your family, and how blessed you are to have them. Even though you don't always, or ever, get a long, they are a blessing. They are a blessing that many people in this world do not have. 

God Bless. Happy Thanksgiving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment