Thursday, February 17, 2011

I should be studying...

I just can't there are to many wonderful wonderful things that I should be doing that do not include studying. 
Like...
Reading. I truly love reading books that do not pertain to social work and psychology. 
I'm reading this book right now. It's about where my heart is right now, the second book is about what God is calling me to.



This is my current Bible Study....


Lately I have been trying to focus on what God is calling me to do and who He is calling me to be. For too long I have abandoned what I know God has called me to because it was hard, it was "easier" to ignore God. Boy oh boy was I wrong. God has called me to live a life that is passionate and compassionate. I know that people may look at what I'm reading and say, "Why are you reading about being single, you're so young?" I know I am young, but being single and living for God is something I struggle with. It is something that I daily have to wake-up and say that I'm going to be ok with, because honestly I want a husband and a family more than anything in the world. But I am to the point in my life that I am not going to sacrifice myself, my faith or my God to get those things. I'd say those are major things obstacles that I have, not conquered, but that God and I beat them more often than I let them win.


No comments:

Post a Comment