Tuesday, November 23, 2010

We all need a fresh start...and a little break

So I have been gone for a very long time. There has been a lot to happen over the past few months. I do not want you to feel that I am cold hearted or that I don't care about all that has happened, but the easiest way for me to catch everyone up is to quickly write out a list for you, so here goes:

Late Spring/Summer:
  1. I went to a new Doctor in early April. She's awesome! Super compassionate and all around the kind of person you want being in charge of your care!!
  2. Memorial Day weekend we found out my MamaToo (My Mom's Mom) had pancreatic cancer. :( They gave her less than 3 months to live.
  3. We tried 3 types of medicine before the middle of June. Nothing helped.
  4. In June we decided that I would have another surgery on July13th, to see what was going on inside.
  5. I went to Falls Creek, an amazing church camp in Oklahoma, with my church out there. I was incredibly blessed to be able to go with them!
  6. My sister and I had to leave Falls Creek early so we could be with our family, as my Grandmother was not doing well.
  7. We frantically prepared for my cousin's wedding on June 26th, as we took turns caring for my Grandmother.
  8. My boyfriend Ben came to visit the week of Carolyn's wedding, and was there for our anniversary.
  9. July 5th, MamaToo went home to be with our Lord! She now stands before our Father praising His name!
  10. Dad and I came home to get ready for my surgery and one of my bestest friends, Chelsea came to visit. She was able to stay with us for a week,and it was so fun to get to share some down time together before and after surgery.
  11. July 13th, Surgery Day. We found out even though I was on Birth Control and other things to control my hormones, I had in less than 6 months grown from no endometriosis to stage III/IV. THAT'S HUGE!! And I had a lot of cysts and adhesions -> another source of pain!! My awesome Dr. removed all that she could see.
  12. 1 week later I started Lupron shots to kill all the Endo. that we could not see. (It kind a grows like weeds do, big on top and lots of little veiny things in the tissue.)
  13. Mid August, Ben and I broke up. I loved him and he loved me. But we agreed that we just were not what each of us needed right now.
  14. School started and life has been crazy!
  15. I got my 2nd Lupron shot, and had been hurting for a few weeks. Unfortunately it seems that my shots are no longer working with my body. In January we will go back to figuring something out to help.

So the big news now. I'm applying for Graduate School. I'm applying to : The University of Oklahoma-Tulsa, The University of Georgia, Washburn University, The University of Tennessee, and The University of Washington-Seattle. I'm pretty excited about it.

So to fill you in on where this blog is going, as it hasn't been anything more than venting previously, I am going to be sharing what I learn as I look into going Gluten Free, Crafts, and sharing some things from other fellow Bloggers that I love! I hope you enjoy and I'm excited to share my life with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment