Wednesday, February 25, 2009

I'm sorry it's such a long post....

In the past few weeks there have been so many exciting things to happen. There has been so much that I am overwhelmed. So here's what's going on:

My church is amazing. The people, the music, the pastor. All amazing. My pastor is an incredibly humble man, that I am looking forward being under his pastoral leadership for the next few years. Since starting to go to Southland, I feel like all I can do is go ahead and get on my face, because the message is going to really make me have to lay down everything. Which at this point, is what I needed. I was very much on a "I can do it on my own" kinda thinking path. Not good. But I have been so encouraged and challenged.

My bible study for this time of Lent is "Breaking Free" by Beth Moore. I have decided that Beth Moore, Leslie Ludy, Emily Ryan and I would all be BFFs for real. I feel strangely close to them, and I have never met any of them. They're all super awesome women that love Jesus in a way that fascinates me.I have a strange longing to sit at Common Grounds here in Lex. and chat with them. I also have a friend from church who has "adopted" me so to speak, she's amazing, and we're hanging out this week which makes me happy.

Common Grounds in itself is a blessing. It is my escape place. This wonderful coffee house is in and old building with bright colors, low lights, happy music, and great organic coffee. I would love to sit on their couches and take a nice long nap.

For some reason I can't think of naps without thinking of Shannon and Jill. I think of Shannon because she slept through most of our Algebra class and pretty much everywhere, I think this still happens.

Jill however is a more exciting reason. She's PREGNANT!!!! I'm super excited!! When she told me I literally screamed and did a little happy dance. I am going to spoil that child every chance I get.

Last night two of my friends came down to my room and we played Scattergories. I would love to play with you, but I warn you I'm pretty good.

Spring Break is coming soon. I'm going home!! I can't wait. I miss my mommy and daddy and sister really bad. Jill is coming to see me! It will be a wonderful week.

No comments:

Post a Comment