Sunday, March 1, 2009

Beloved

I feel like in the past few months I have written a lot about love. I feel like my entire life I have been searching for love, and so often looking in the wrong places. Even knowing that God is the only source of true love, my heart has wandered and while searching for love found pain.

Tonight while listening to "Beloved" by Tenth Ave. North, I had a break through. Well I guess it would be more accurate that God opened my eyes, and I could finally grasp in some way the way that He loves me.

My eye opening experience went right along with the worship tonight, just being in wonder of God's creation. I feel like when I'm walking around campus I am reminded of this so often. The most recent time was when it was snowing and the flakes were almost the size of quarters. I had to just stand and watch the mass of snow falling, and feeling consumed by a sense of awe and wonder that God created each snowflake, and each is different and He totally cares about each flake. And then that consumption grows when I realize He cares even more for me!!! WOW!! He thinks that I am beautiful, and that I am worth His ONLY SON!! So cool...

This learning process has also involved the more human side of love. My daddy has been such an amazing example of love, in his love for me, my sister, and of course my Mommy. (Yes I still call her mommy). I have often reflected on the story of Hosea and Gomer, and have sat in awe of the love and mercy that he gave to his adulteress wife. This was driven further into my heart when I read the book Redeeming Love. I often feel a connection between myself and Gomer and Angel. I am so thankful that God's love and mercy surpasses that which any person can give.

Kind of back to the thought of God's creation....
I am considering going to the Falls this Saturday. I love being there, especially during the winter. I am constantly amazed by God's creation. I completely understand why it says in
Romans 1:20 "For ever since the world was created, people have seen the earth and sky. Through everything God made, they can clearly see his invisible qualities—his eternal power and divine nature. So they have no excuse for not knowing God." I often wonder how people can see the mountains in California that have snow at the top throughout the year right next to the beach, volcanoes, snow, all animals, etc and don't believe in God. Even though I do not think in any scientific manner, I can't help but be amazed at God's creativity. If you look at one atom and the billions/trillions of little things that have to happen all with-in one milli-second, it is just so apparent to me that God made each little part.

No comments:

Post a Comment