Monday, March 23, 2009

Coffee, Beach Music, Open Windows, New Friends

The title is a small list of things I am currently enjoying. They are also some of my most favorite things in the world. I have made some really cool friends lately. I have also been trying to make sure I listen to what I would call "beachy music" daily, it de-stresses me and makes me happy. It's only downside is that it makes me want to crawl into my bed, wrap up in the covers and watch lovey movies.

Last night in church I learned about Elijah's name. Elijah is Elohim and Yahweh together! How cool! Names absolutely fascinate me. If you look at my bible you will see names circled and highlighted. I even have post-its stuck in various places because I heard or saw a name in reading that I liked. I am almost obsessed with them.

I graduate in 3 semesters. And I'm telling everyone I know.

We're doing a study on the Mountains mentioned in scripture. Last night was about Mt. Carmel. (When I was little I thought that was where carmel came from) It was amazing to read 1 Kings 18 and see how God shows his power and can defeat evil in a swoop of fire.

That makes me so excited for the fall, Jon Weece (my pastor) is going to do a series on Revelations.

___________________________

The following scripture has been on my heart for a while now...

" And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to god because of all eh has done for you. let them be a living and holy sacrifice-- the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let god transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect." Romans 12:1-2

Since moving to UK I have changed a lot, and for the better. I know that the way that I am focusing my thoughts and actions is more pleasing to God. By no means am I perfect, but I am striving to please God in the way I live in every area of my life. My sister realized somethings had changed while I was home, which to me was awesome!! I guess I have become much more aware of my clothing choices and how others could perceive my own actions. I don't want anything that I am doing, saying or wearing to be a distraction from my Lord. Instead I want all things that I say and do to point towards HIM!!

No comments:

Post a Comment