Friday, July 17, 2009

New Things...

My new job is wonderful. I have already learned so much. But most of what I've learned has nothing to do with baking at all. The store that I work at is not in the best neighborhood. And most of the people I work with can walk from home to work, and many of them do. In the conversations that I have had with them I have learned that many of them often cannot afford to feed themselves or their children. Many are also in great need of furniture for their children. It breaks my heart.

One thing that I have learned though is that I am so incredibly lucky. Those things are not something that I often worry about. I know that if I was in need of anything, my family would help me out. These people cannot say that about their families.

I am also learning a great deal of patience and that things don't always have to be ultra perfect.

As far as baking goes though, I think I would really like to really bake. Like I'm going to be learning to make wedding cakes and such, I can't wait!!

I also found out today that I have been accepted in to the PCWCP, which is a program where the Commonwealth of Kentucky pays my tuition and then I work for them for 2 years in Child Welfare. This is exciting, and a confirmation about where I am and what I'm doing.

My parents are FINALLY in Tennessee, and I can't wait to go see their new house. They apparently have several deer that almost walk up to the house.

I have 23 days until I'm in OWASSO!! I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment