Monday, August 3, 2009

Earl, Spiderman, Just Because, and Purple.

This weekend I did all of our cake orders by myself. I was proud. I did a wedding cake for the first time, which was really cool. I also made 2 Spongebob cakes, a couple of flower cakes, and some "creative cupcakes." But the largest pain in my side was Spiderman. I have never held such terrible feelings for a character or a cake. But I never want to make that cake again.

Also you know how groceries have those cakes that they write "happy birthday" on for you? Well this guy came in yesterday, I assumed he was getting a birthday cake. I was wrong... He wanted me to write "Happy Anniversary Earl," for his partner. I know my face went red.

Today, another man made my day. He made happy for the rest of my shift. He came up and asked for me to help him find the cake with the most chocolate. So we found it, then I asked if he wanted anything written on it. He got so excited...and said , " Just Because." I looked puzzled so he proceeded to tell me that he knew his wife had just had a crazy weekend, and he wanted to surprise her, "just because." It was great. I wanted to tell him thank you for thinking of his wife, but I didn't want to be creepy.

Also, I swear this is the last thing about cakes...If you like purple and you like cake that's great. But would you please not ask for purple icing on your cakes. We have to hand mix it, and it's hard, and people are picky about their purples. Too hard, very stressful.

This weekend I am going to training for Social Work stuff.

Then right after the conference on Saturday I am driving straight to Nashville to spend the night at my parent's new house.

Sunday morning at about 6am my sister and I are leaving for Owasso!!!!!!!! I can't wait!!! I am so excited!! There are several people that I can't wait to see!!!!!!! Hopefully I will actually remember to take pictures and put them up.


Last night at 608 ( the college service at my church) our pastor, Jon Weece, finally told us what IT was. IT is Jesus. But the idea about IT is that our church needs to start over and find our passion, service, and purpose in Jesus Christ, not our selves or our programs that we offer. Our church is changing the mission statement, and is also planning to change the way that we use our people and other resources to show others the love of Jesus. I am so excited to see the great changes that occur. I will keep you updated.





No comments:

Post a Comment