Saturday, October 3, 2009

Last night was my first volunteer night of the semester. I will be working at the Florence Crittenton Home. I'm pretty excited about it. For those of you familiar with the Hope Home in Owasso, it's like that. There are 8-10 girls there, some pregnant and some with their babies. Last night we gave them facials. I got to play with some beautiful babies too. But for most of the semester I will be mentoring one girl. I don't know who yet, but I can't wait!! When they saw my mentorship paperwork, they all went crazy saying ," Be mine, Pick me, I want a mentor." and so on. Most of them do not have a mentor. Hopefully we will be able to help find mentors for the rest of the girls.

Also I am finally caught up with homework. Now all I have to do is stay caught up.

Today is the UK vs. Alabama game. I'm pretty excited. No I'm not a good UK fan, I'm not out tail-gating. Oh well.

I am not tail-gating because I'm cleaning up my apartment. My sister is coming up for the night. We're going to my cousin's 10th birthday party.

Oh and I got my first birthday card yesterday. YAY for other people believing you should celebrate your birthday all month!!

This Sunday I am going to visit Immanuel Baptist Church. I'm pretty excited. It's not that I don't like Southland, but I need to have a Sunday School class or Small Group that meets on Sunday Mornings. Sunday mornings are the only free time that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment