Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Last week I started my classes. I am already overwhelmed by my classes, work, volunteering, etc.All of my classes are for Social Work stuff, and let me tell you...If you think Social Work is an "easy" major, you my dear friend are sadly misinformed. I have cried more in the past few days over the realization of what my life as a social worker will entail than I have cried in a long time. And the course load is ridiculous, I have NEVER read or written this much.

I am hoping that I will be able to just buck up and plow through this semester and get to the glorious senior year in the spring.

I'm starting "Finding Fish," for my Child Welfare Services class. This should be a good book, (see the movie Antwone Fisher)

I on Tues/Thurs there are like 10 people that I have all my classes with. There is this really cute and sweet couple that are in that group, they are having a baby. I can't imagine going through social work stuff and being pregnant. For her sake I'm glad she isn't taking Child Welfare Services.


While I can I'm going to be very blunt about what I'm feeling for Social Work. I know that this is exactly where I'm supposed to be right now. But my heart hurts knowing that I can't talk about anything I'm doing. I will need to find someone that I will be working with that I can decompress with. I think it's hard because when something happens at work or school right now, I talk to my Mom and/or Ben. Not telling them why I'm upset or feeling like I'm crazy will be difficult. Thank goodness they understand, and are there anyway.

On another note, it feels like mid-October right now. It is wonderful. I always feel so refreshed when it's crisp like this and I can wear sweaters. It makes me appreciate the way that God made places so different. When it's too hot or too cold I don't take the time to look at the amazing stuff He has made, but days like to day are just amazing.

On Tuesday nights there is a family from my church that opens their home to college students, they make us free dinner. I love this family. And as a person who appreciates a good meal and a family environment, full of hugs and love; I love Tuesday Night Dinners. They haven't been going on since July...Tonight is the first night back. I can't wait.

All summer I have been filling water balloons...Why you ask? The Christian Student Fellowship held the World's Largest Water Balloon Fight on Friday. It was insane!! We had 119,411 Balloons, and 3,902 people....that equals 2 Guinness World Records!! Because of it I got to talk to some of my classmates about Jesus.

http://www.ukcsf.org/

I have also gotten to tell some of them about why I am passionate about Dating Abuse and Violence. I try to be as positive as possible when I talk about my experiences and how they have changed my life and I am better for it. But when these people don't know our Jesus, they just can't understand how I can be ok with the things that happened.



No comments:

Post a Comment